Are you leasing commercial office space or a retail shop in Sydney or a regional area of NSW?
Our leasing and property lawyers can guide you through the NSW retail lease or commercial lease agreement.
Our Sydney-based solicitors are experts in the field of commercial and retail leasing. If you’re involved in the rental market, either as a tenant or landlord, we can manage the retail or commercial leasing process for you in a fast, practical and cost-effective manner.
Why choose us?
- We bring over 15 years of top tier legal experience.
- We have invested in the latest technology, which means no delays in service delivery.
- Cost effective: we offer one of the best value-for-money propositions in Sydney’s retail leasing market
- We do not cut corners and we do a thorough job on every lease.
- We can meet after hours.
Pitfalls for landlords:
- If you are a new landlord, ensure that all security deposits and bank guarantees are transferred from the old landlord to you.
- Do you have appropriate provision to capitalise on any development potential of the land?
- Do you have special conditions allowing you to show potential buyers the property?
- Ensure your lease specifically excludes further option terms from renewed leases.
Pitfalls for tenants:
- Always remember to exercise your options in time. Better yet, put relevant trigger dates in your calendar!
- Indemnity clauses – it is usual for the tenant to indemnify the landlord but the indemnity should be limited as far as possible.
- Is the landlord allowed to withhold consent to assign the lease?
- Take care when agreeing on the repair and maintenance clauses.
- Can the landlord terminate the lease if he wants to develop the land?
Commercial leases and retail leases are one of our specialities at VS George.
Contact us for more information and for a FREE quote. Or call to make an appointment at our Bexley or Engadine offices (or at our serviced offices in Sydney CBD, North Sydney, Bondi Junction, Macquarie Park, Norwest or Parramatta) contact:
Phone: (02) 9150 6991